American Ethanol and NASCAR
NASCAR and American Ethanol are natural partners: NASCAR is a great American sport founded on the sands of Daytona Beach more than 60 years ago, and American Ethanol is produced on family owned farms across our country’s heartland. It's truly a winning combination.
How Two American Institutions Are Working as One
Ethanol is American made. It provides hundreds of thousands of jobs for American workers. And it reduces our dependence on foreign oil. Ethanol contributes over $50 billion to our nation’s economy. That’s money that would otherwise go to countries like Iran, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.
Ethanol is a biofuel. It’s completely renewable and is better for our environment. It reduces greenhouse emissions by 59%. Ethanol has also revitalized America’s heartland. Thanks to ethanol, many families across the nation have an industry they can count on, providing jobs that can’t be outsourced. Fuels like E15 – and even higher blends such as E30 that can be used in flex fuel cars – help drive America forward.
- By using American Ethanol, NASCAR will demonstrate ethanol's superior performance not only to the NASCAR audience, but to the broader public as well.
- A 15% blend of ethanol uses 50% more homegrown fuel than the current E10 standard blend in the U.S. NASCAR is leading by example by utilizing Sunoco Green E15 race fuel, showing that American ethanol-blended fuel works.
- NASCAR is going green. And ethanol is the only commercially viable alternative to gasoline. We are honored to partner with NASCAR to show Americans that ethanol is clean, green and homegrown.
- For the first time ever, starting in 2011 in Daytona, the NASCAR Green Flag will be branded with American Ethanol, representing the continued efforts of NASCAR and its commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Also premiering in 2011, every lap of every NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race will be fueled by Sunoco Green E15 -– a fuel that includes 15% renewable American Ethanol, which is produced from corn grown and harvested on family farms across our country.
- As of Sept. 2012, more than 3 million miles have been raced on Sunoco Green E15
- NASCAR fans will see the same great racing they have come to expect, but powered with a new, greener fuel.
How American Ethanol is Helping NASCAR Meet Its Green Initiative